Some of the sentences below contain common verb form mistakes. Find the sentences with errors and correct them using either “Simple Past,” “Used to” or “Would Always.” If you are confused, go to the Simple Past Page, the “Used to” Page or the “Would Always” Page .
A) I would always be unhealthy as a child.
1. When I was a child, I rode my bike everyday.
2. She would always be beautiful when she was young.
3. I used to go to the beach yesterday.
4. Margie loves horses because she used to have one as a child.
5. James would always have a very important test last week.
6. Jerry always used to cook dinner for himself, but now his wife prepares dinner.
7. Jamie would always have a dog when she was a child, but now she has a cat.
8. Laura would always bake cookies for us when we were kids.
9. I used to graduate from Georgetown University in 1992.
10. He would constantly embarrass himself by asking stupid questions in class.
11. They would spend Easter with us every year until we moved.
12. They used to spend Easter with us every year until we moved.
13. They spent Easter with us every year until we moved.
14. I used to be fat, but I lost a lot of weight in high school.
15. I would always be fat, but I lost a lot of weight in high school.